Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Poetic Justice Inspired Look

     To avoid too much manipulation to my recently colored hair..... I decided to get box braids. We were going for the poetic justice look. It only took about 3 hours and they are looooong, they are just above my butt. I love them and my goal is to keep them in at least 4 weeks....(fingers crossed). I have been maintaining this protective style with my CD Black vanilla leave in, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, CD Macadamia Hold & Control Smoother, DL Au Naturale Sealing Nectar. and Tea Tree Oil.
     At night I spray my scalp and hair with my leave in and then apply curl enhancing smoothie. If needed I apply tea tree oil to scalp for itching to avoid me digging on my scalp. I use the control gel to lay down my edges if needed. I also spray sealing nectar for sheen if needed.

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for this! i just got box braids and want them to stay looking fresh. will try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it was helpful, Let me know how it works for you!

      Delete