Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Product Review: Dark and lovely Au Naturale Anti-Shrinkage Line




     I finally ran across these products in my local Walgreens a couple a months ago after hearing about this new natural line from Dark and Lovely. These products run about 9.99 a piece a and smell like mango, like a very tropical smell. I really enjoyed the products, so here we go......

Coil Moisturizing Souffle is described as "a moisturizing delight with a low crunchless hold that instantly defines and softens tight curls and coils." The directions state to apply to conditioned, detangled, damp hair and allow to air dry; finish off with Sheen Sealing Nectar. So, I followed the instructions and applied it to my damp, detangled hair at night while doing a twists for a twist-out; I sealed the end of my twists with KBB Love Butter. I let them stay in overnight and in the morning removed the twists and my hair very moisturized and my coils were very defined. My twist out lasted about 2 to 3 days. It had a very light creamy texture like that of a conditioner. I really liked the product because there was no flakes or residue after applying. I used this product several times and there were great results each time.

Ingredients: Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Esters , Glycerin , Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol , Isopropyl Alcohol , Mangifera Indica Seed Oil/Mango Seed Oil , Tricedeth-6 , Cetrimonium Chloride , Benzyl Salicylate , Methylisothiazolinone , Linalool , Benzyl Alcohol , Limonene , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , Geraniol , Bambusa Vulgaris Sap Extract

10-In-1 Styles Gelee is described as a crunchless firm hold gel that controls frizz and elongates coils. It says it can used on wet or dry hair. I tried this product alone on twists for a twist-out and along with a couple of styling moisturizing creams (Moisturizing Souffle and CocoCurls Styling Cream). When I tried it alone, I loved the definition but it felt a little dry and crunchy, that's why I decided to use it together with a cream which yielded awesome results which I loved. It has the texture of flaxseed gel. I received so many compliments on my twist out results.

Ingredients: Water , Sorbitol , Glycerin , Benzyl Alcohol , Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate , Dehydroxanthan Gum , Phenoxyethanol , Fragrance , Panthenol , Mangifera Indica Seed Oil/Mango Seed Oil , Ethylhexylglycerin , Benzyl Salicylate , Linalool , Limonene , 2 Oleamido 1 , 3 Octadecanediol , Bambusa Vulgaris Sap Extract , F.I.L. D55074/2

10-in-1 Gelee alone
10-in-1 Gelee with Styling Cream
Sheen Sealing Nectar is a sheen spray that conditions both the hair and scalp while providing a succulent sheen used after styling. What I really like about this product is that it provides a light sheen of an oil to my hair in a spray bottle. I liked the product it did what it said it would do...I am not going to get rid of my oils, but it provides a great option.

Ingredients: Isopropyl Myristate , Helianthus Annus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil , Dicaprylyl Ether , Isopropyl Isostearate , Fragrance , Mangifera Indica Seed Oil/Mango Seed Oil , Benzyl Salicylate , Linalool , Benzyl Alcohol , Limonene , Geraniol , Bambusa Vulgaris Extract , F.I.L. D55090/2

No comments:

Post a Comment